I read an interesting book over the holidays called "Love for Grown-Ups: The Garter Brides' Guide to Marrying for Life When You've Already Got a Life". It's a lovely read about a set of great girlfriends that decide "It's never too late for love." The ladies' friendship makes a great backdrop for the story, but the themes the women adopt as they set out for love is the real meat of the tale.
Here is the mantra they adopted:
1. Leave the Past in the Past -- don't let past bad romances ruin future ones.
2. You Won't Meet Someone New in Your Living Room -- tell everyone you know that you're on the market and never miss a party.
3. Give a Guy a Chance -- try going against your typical "type" and see how it goes.
4. Look at Blind Dates like First Dates -- don't discount them.
5. Time is on Your Side -- don't rush. There is no hurry to have him meet your kids or you meet his. The romance begins with the two of you.
6. Happily Ever After Can Happen to You -- It's never too late to find true love.
It's a fun book and an easy read with some inspiration for women getting back into the dating market after a long break.